Sunday, August 28, 2011

Last Days of Summer

They had their dentist appts and all looked great!  The dentist was VERY impressed with their teeth and no cavities for anyone!
Mabel's 1st dentist appt!  Waiting very patiently!

The powder trick from the beach literally spilled over to the home.  They were awfully quiet and when I found them they were GUILTY!  Thank you J for getting the powder off the changing table!

 Even though he's starting kindergarten tomorrow, he's still a baby and will get into the pack n play and fall asleep :(

We've been getting in school "spirit" and I made German pancakes and got cold cuts from the German deli!  They've never been quieter while they ate!

Jeremy and I went to his school on Friday and he met his teachers and got to see his classrooms.  He'll be starting in the German classroom so I'll let you know how that goes.  Yikes. I love his teachers!

We had the Goethe annual picnic on Saturday and met some new families.  There are some really cool people!





We spent today getting organized, hair cut, laundry, BBQ at our neighbors and baths for all.  I'm feeling sad, excited, anxious (just like J) and unmotivated.  Yup, you read that right, unmotivated.  I always feel like I need all 3 to go on adventures.  When I just have the girls, I feel like I should stay home and get stuff done around the house.  I have to remember that it's now Amelia and Mabel's time to bond, play together and get to do fun things with mom.  I will probably be a bit sad tomorrow (I almost cried meeting his teachers) but I couldn't be happier with where he is going to school.  Pics from tomorrow coming soon!





2 comments:

the gerbdrians said...

Big week! What are German pancakes?

Meinhardt Family said...

Very exciting! Looks like he did great. I love that picture of him on his first day. He's getting so big!