Friday, March 25, 2011

Week recap

I think I finally have my energy back after a long road with Amelia.  Man, she's not an easy patient.  I mean, high fever = laying in bed and quiet.  By day 7 and 8, I was hoping for a high fever :) 
I love this kind of kid :(

Low grade fever and discomfort = "hold me, I don't want to sit, stand, go in bed, watch tv, nothing makes me happy" kind of kid.  No fever and on the mend but used to being spoiled = some sort of demon child easily set off by ANYTHING!  The last 2 days and have been MUCH better.  She actually let Jeremy sit next to her during their "morning show".


Jeremy did some "kindergarten" math and the teacher said he really gets it and is doing an awesome job writing his numbers.  Mabel is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!  Did I say BUSY?
She wants to be just like her big brother!

Mabel and mommy headed to our friend's house for a play date with Bella.  Bella's mom, Jess, is about to pop with #2 so we just hung out on the couch and caught up.  Here are the girls having a very "modern day play date"!

I'm happy to say Amelia had a follow up appt today and there is still a little bit of fluid in her right lung but as long as there is no fever, her body will take care of the rest.  THANK GOD!  She hasn't eaten really anything for over a week so her weight is down to the 3rd percentile.  
We headed up to Oma's today for a fun day and came home after the dr to watch the Kansas Jayhawks game (well, I wanted to watch it but only caught a minute here and there because it was "crunch time" and Ryan is sick now so momma was solo!
Mabel's "cheeeeessseeee" smile!

We hope to have a healthy and fun weekend!

5 comments:

Jess and Jon said...

I was laughing out loud at the Amelia is a demon child part. Jon is sitting here and says to tell Ryan that the J-hawks can suck a big fatty over the spiders win. Call ya in a bit. XO

the gerbdrians said...

My second is also more prone to demonic bouts. their perogative as a second? I thought warm weather would help with all of the childhood maladies...in fact we were ready to move somewhere, anywhere warm in February. Thank goodness it's warming up now. Hope Ryan gets better REAL soon and no one else gets sick.

...all of us said...

I am so glad A is on the mend. This round has been horrible for all of us, but you have taken the brunt of the fussy kid part of it.
Here's to a happy and healthy April!
~Auntie Jamie

Meinhardt Family said...

Poor Amelia. I'm glad to hear she's on the mend. I love the play date picture with the phone. Hugs to everyone.

Arutunian family said...

Poor Amelia... poor you!!!

Glad to hear she's doing better.

Just FYI... we are available for playdates when the kids are in school as well :-) I think it's time for me to get Dani some friends :-)