Thursday, April 29, 2010

So far so good....

So, Jbird and I dropped off his "wawa" at the Goodwill today and I think the lady thought I was smoking something! :) I told Jbird that I needed to check to see if they were accepting "wawa's" today and I told the lady that my son was giving his pacifier to kids who needed it and if he asks for a name of the kid (when we talked about giving it away, he asked what was the kid's name who was getting it), just make one up. It was game time. I went back to the car and told Jbird it was time to give his "wawa" away. He was a little shy but walked in and put the bag of "wawa's" (Amelia wanted to put one in too) on the counter and then asked the lady, "what's his name?" She said Max. What a perfect name for an imaginary kid stealing something so special to him. He was such a big boy, no tears and came home and played like he usually does. Bed time was the same time but it was a lot louder in there than it usually is and took them longer to settle down. He came out to ask for something to drink and when I brought him back the room, he asked for his pacifier with a smile. I reminded him that Max had it and all seems quiet from then on. Fingers crossed....

Giving my "wawa" away!

1 comment:

the gerbdrians said...

way to go, J-bird.
I'm sure Max is enjoying those used pacis.