Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mabel is 1!!!!!!

As I do every birthday, I take the picture right when I walk in the room to remember what they look like first thing in the morning. I still can't believe my baby is 1.  


Jeremy and Amelia were very patient waiting for Mabel to wake up and unwrap her presents which.  She decided to sleep in on her birthday and didn't wake up until 8am so they waited quite awhile.  I tried to grab the video in time but couldn't catch Jeremy saying, "Mabel, you're 1 today.  It's your birthday" in the sweetest voice ever. 



I think I look old in this picture but I'm sure there will be a day when she looks back on these photos and thinks that her mom looks young. :)

To celebrate her birthday, I invited just a few of our friends who have helped us, loved us and been there for us this first year.  Thank you.

Birthday decor


Birthday friends; top left is Nicole and Louise, top right is the south bay girls - Jess and Bella, Natalie and Mabel and Christy and Jolie, bottom left are south bay and Jen and Henry Pickett, bottom right is my neighbor Bethany and myself


Cake time.  She got really mad when I put her in the chair because she was ready for bed.  When she saw that a cupcake was coming her way, she settled down.



She loved it!!!!!!!  However, she got mad once again when it was bath time :)  


What is she doing now that she's 1?
She crawls very fast but has taken a couple steps.  3 this evening!!!
She waves hello, finds the moon when you ask her where it is, holds up number 1 when you ask her how old she is, gets fired up when you take her blankie away, loves dancing, lets anyone hold her and is very social, still HATES diaper changes, LOVES to wrestle with her dad and is still a happy (most of the time) baby.  

We love you Mabel Babel...to many many many many more years!


2 comments:

the gerbdrians said...

I cannot believe she's 1 already! We have to come visit and hug that chunk of love...the snow here is great, but today we experienced below 0 weather, which makes the snow pretty to look at, but not fun to play in. Whaaaa.

the gerbdrians said...

I cannot believe she's 1 already! We have to come visit and hug that chunk of love...the snow here is great, but today we experienced below 0 weather, which makes the snow pretty to look at, but not fun to play in. Whaaaa.