Saturday, September 08, 2012

Amelia started AYSO!

Wow, talk about full circle.  I started playing soccer at 4 in AYSO and now my daughter is 4 and playing.  

I'm not sure what I was like the first season I played but I know I didn't have the same format that Amelia had today.  I have to say I was a bit disappointed.  The new format for U-5 this year is that there is a "master team" of coaches from the UK that lead ALL (time slots based on last name so Amelia is 1:45-2:45) kids in a skill session and then move into small sided games.  The coaches didn't keep the kids moving during the practice section.  Tears were shed by a few little girls and Amelia was one of them.  She was in and out of tears during this part and would play as long as I was with her.  I asked her to sit on the blanket with me because she was getting more upset.  I told her it was normal to be scared, nervous, etc but that she NEEDED to get out there and play during the game. She did and she listened to the coach.  She's the little one pointing. :)

And she's off!!!  She almost scored on the very first play.



All was going well until this godzilla player (the one in blue chasing her down) stepped on Amelia's foot, show popped off and big girl landed on little girl.  Game over.
I had moments of frustration because she's SO good playing in the front yard but gets sad when she's on her own.  I was proud of the way she dried her tears and played hard.  Good job Amelia!!!  Mommy loves you like crazy!

I think J liked being the one watching this time!  It's been his turn for 2 years and he was really excited for Amelia.  He even yelled, "she's really good mom"!  

Headed home.  Since Amelia was bummed out she didn't get a team, I let her have/use my soccer bag.  She was BEYOND excited and I love this picture because she looks like a little pro.


No comments: