Friday, July 31, 2009

UPDATE - Baby Meinhardt #3

So, no pictures for you yet from our 20 week anatomy check/ultrasound but lots to tell you. Where do I start?  First of all, everything looks great.  He said that "our baby was photogenic" because any shot he wanted to get, the baby was right where he needed it to be.  That helped make the appt go quicker.  There were a few super cool parts: one was seeing the heart work super hard to pump blood, second was getting a close up on its face and watching it swallow over and over and third was seeing it sleep hugging the umbilical cord.  It was like it was cuddling with a blanket.  Ryan and I both think it looks like Auntie Courtney (maybe because she's the skinniest family member we have).  It was sleeping so peacefully and it had the cutest little jawbone.  No chubby cheeks yet but there's no doubt those are coming.  The baby now weighs 9 oz and is measuring 50% in femur length, belly size (we also know this will change), head and everything else.  When he typed in all the measurements the computer spit out how many weeks and days I should be and it was right on.  He said that overall, we have a perfectly average baby!  Now, time for the sex!  He told me to turn away when he looked at the sex and I did.  Ryan DID NOT!  He swears it's a girl but I wouldn't trust his ultrasound reading skills.  Remember, we've never found out the sex so we've NEVER seen what it should look like!  Oh yeah, the baby had the hiccups so I am going to say that this one will have acid reflux like Jeremy and Amelia.  I will post pictures when I get the CD of the images....when we get back from Jefferson City!  I will try to post while we're in Missouri but I can't promise anything.

3 comments:

the gerbdrians said...

hiccups...oh no. at least you're mentally prepared now. one of my friends had a baby with lots of hiccups that was a happy spitter - i hope that's the case!

Meinhardt Family said...

I think you are having a girl! Can't wait to see you guys soon...

Chick said...

Well, they say if you think it's a girl, it's a girl! If you think it's a boy cuz you "see something" it could still be a girl all swollen...so in my opinion, baby #3 is DEFINITELY a girl! woo hoo! :)