Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Tuesdays = NO school, NO break for momma which = BE creative!

So....what do we do on Tuesdays?  We're usually out the door by 8 to get to the gym so mommy can have "my time" to take a spin class.  Then we usually hit the park with Louise and kiddos but today they were busy so we had our dear old friend Svetlana over for a playdate.  Svetlana was my nanny for Jeremy and Amelia when I was coaching.  She is now a nanny for Hayden, daughter of Nick Paneno who I went to UCLA with and lived next door to in the dorms.  He played on the men's soccer team so we hung out a lot!  It's pretty cool to see our kids playing together.



After the playdate ended, we played with floam (a mushy thing that resembles rice krispy treats that you can mold but it's NOT sticky), colored, practiced writing and had some cookies with Emily who turned 4 today.  I am short on crafty things to pull out that we can do when mommy is not motivated to go anywhere.  So I put my thinking cap on and remembered that somewhere, I have all the tools to scrapbook.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I used to scrapbook.  I found all my stuff in the attic so I busted it out and we found wooden airplanes left over from J's 2nd bday, puffy paints, stickers, glue, fun scissors and so much more.  We kept busy until dinner time and now all are in bed :)  Thank goodness.  Tuesdays are LONG days!


1 comment:

Jess and Jon said...

AMEN! I only have one age group to keep occupied on non-school days (since Sadie could care less what we do)... I can't imagine having 3! I need some better "project type stuff"