Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm a NEW woman!

I had tubes put in my ears this morning at UCLA! I loved playing in my little crib and I thought I looked pretty in my hospital gown. Is it breezy in here or is it just me?
The procedure went well and was very fast. My mom came in the operating room with me and she had to hold down my arms while the mask was put on my face so I would go to sleep. I cried really hard and eventually went limp! Mom was not happy about having to do this part. Isn't that what nurses are for? Then she left me with my blankie and met daddy in the waiting room. The doctor said I had A LOT of build up from all the ear infections and it was like cutting through "liquid cement". I was VERY unhappy in the recovery room and didn't stop crying for over an hour. Anyway, I finally stopped crying and got to go home!

I was sad most of the day and wanted to be in my mommy's arms ALL day! Thank you mom for being patient and understanding. Thank you to Auntie Jamie who skipped the gym to bring us Starbucks and yummy treats. Sorry I wasn't myself. I have a low grade fever now but when the doctor called to check in on me, she said that was normal. I am tired so I am going to bed now.

I hope I am a new baby tomorrow!!!!



1 comment:

Meinhardt Family said...

Hope she's feeling better today. She looks so happy (and so cute) in her hospital gown!