Friday, June 01, 2007

First Swim Lesson



We went to our first swim class today with Louise and little Emily. It's for babies 6 months - 3 years so there was quite an age range! It went a lot better than I thought it would. He cried for the first 10 minutes but warmed up to it half way through the class. I told the teacher that we would probably do our own thing for a bit because he was the ONLY one not happy! I was trying to distract him as we went deeper so he would realize how much better it is when you're under the water instead of cold on top. We swam around in circles, played with his pacifier (good distraction), played with water noodles and he even let me put him on his back on the top of the water. I couldn't take any pictures while we were in the water but here are a couple!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! We want to go swimming with you, Jeremy!! We love your swim trunks.

Anonymous said...

How fun! We should all go swimming together when we are in Vancouver.